A work permit is a permission given to foreigners that allow them to work in Canada or any other country. Usually, a work permit is needed before you can take up any job in Canada as a foreigner.
There can be exemptions and occasions where one gets to work in Canada without a work permit.
People can only apply for a Work visa after getting a job offer or an employment contract from a Canadian employer.
This means you can be in your home country, get a job or contract, and use that to apply for a work visa.
Canada is, without doubt, one of the best travel destinations for oversea workers because of its leading economy and quality of life.
BENEFITS OF CANADIAN WORK PERMIT
There are certain benefits attached to getting a work permit in Canada and every year over 200,000 applicants are granted permits to come work in Canada. With a Canadian work permit, you can:
- Earn in dollars and travel across Canada
- Work with the employer whose name you mentioned in your work permit application
- Apply for a Permanent Resident visa at a later time.To apply for Canadian work visa certain requirements need to be met and documents submitted to the right authority for review. applicants should also be able to convince the officer that they will leave Canada at the expiration of their visa.REQUIREMENTS /DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION OF A WORK PERMIT
- A valid passport with a validity of more than 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Canada.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Educational qualification certificates
- Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience
- Proof of having adequate financial resources to cover their expenses during their stay in Canada
- Medical examination required to be done from registered hospitals.
- Application fee
There are basically two types of work permit, open work permit and employer-specific work permit.
OPEN WORK PERMIT: Open work permit allows the receiver to work in any place of their choice. they decide who they want to work for and what kind of job they are willing to do in Canada. This is excluding jobs that are banned by the government of Canada.
EMPLOYER SPECIFIC PERMIT: As the name implies, with this work permit you only get to work for that particular employer. Some times this kind of visa also comes with conditions like the type of job, where to work, and even the duration of work. This will be written on the visa.
According to Visa place, there are four basic steps to getting a temporary work visa they include